Last Updated: April 1, 2022, and will continue to be updated up to and during the show.
The safety, security, and health of our attendees, vendors, and staff is always a top priority. We are monitoring and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely with our venue along with our local government officials in Pierce County.
The 2023 Washington State Summer Con will be following all guidelines provided by our local and state government health officials. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Per the Governor of Washington, the Washington Secretary of Health, the Pierce County Health Director, and the policy of the Washington State Fair and Events Center, masks will no longer be required indoors or outdoors.
- The show has been spread out to allow for plenty of distancing and room to move. Many attractions will be placed outdoors. Additionally, the large bay doors will remain open for great airflow and ventilation.
- There will be areas at the show that might REQUIRE facial coverings. Be prepared and bring one as some areas MIGHT REQUIRE masks to be worn at times in those areas that specifically REQUIRE masks.Vaccines and Vaccine Verification
- As of March 1, 2022, the state of Washington no longer requires or mandates vaccine verification or negative Covid tests to attend large events.
- The CDC and Washington Secretary of Health recommend, that if you are not vaccinated, you should wear an appropriate facial covering in all indoor settings where social distancing cannot be achieved.
- If you are vaccinated, and would still like to wear a facial covering, we support you fully.
Occupancy, Distancing, and Cleaning Surfaces
- Occupancy limits and allowances may be enforced in certain areas. Some areas may require a short wait to enter if occupancy has been reached.
- Please always respect others’ space while on the grounds when possible.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the facility. Please use them. High-touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Review any signage placed throughout the facility reminding you of our safety procedures. Compliance is mandatory and will be enforced.